Victorian Power Saving Bonus

South Barwon Community Centre Provides Assistance with the
State Government $250 Power Saving Bonus 

We are helping community members apply for the State Government’s $250 Power Saving Bonus, a one-off payment to help eligible Victorians experiencing energy bill stress.

Below are some frequently asked questions. If you or someone you know meets the eligibility requirements, get in contact with us and we can help you access this important bonus.

What is the $250 Power Saving Bonus?

The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment which provides direct support to Victorian households experiencing power bill stress during the coronavirus pandemic. It is available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households with at least one eligible concession cardholder.

Who is eligible for the Power Saving Bonus?

To be eligible, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:

·         Be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account)

·         Be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:

o   Centrelink Pensioner Concession

o   JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy

o   Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession

o   Or hold a Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card

Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth Allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.

When can eligible households apply?

A new round of the PSB commenced March 24, 2023.

How many people per household can apply?

Only one payment is available to each household.

How do I apply?

Applications are made online. If you do not have access to, or are uncomfortable using technology, get in contact with SBCC and we will help you every step of the way:

Phone number: 5243 8388, 9am-4pm Monday to Thursday.

Address: 33 Mt Pleasant Rd, Belmont

What do I need for the application process?

When you come to us to submit your application, there are a few things you need to bring with you:

·         a copy of a recent electricity bill

·         your ‘NMI’ number (this is located on your bill and is typically a 10 or 11 digit number)

·         your card number for your Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card (for JobSeekers, Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy recipients)

Be sure to keep a copy of your NMI and your application reference number as you may need this information for further communications about your application.

How long does it take to receive the Power Saving Bonus?

If you meet the eligibility and documentation requirements, you should receive your $250 payment via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) within two to three weeks of submission. If you request payment via cheque, this should be received within four weeks.

What times are SBCC assisting people with applications?

9:30am to 3pm Monday to Thursday

Do I need to call and book a time?

Yes, you must call for availability and booking times.

What’s the easiest way to get to SBCC via public transport?

The 42 bus route from Geelong to Deakin University has a stop in Mt Pleasant Rd near the corner of High St that is less than a block to SBCC at 33 Mt Pleasant Rd.
You can view the entire bus route here.